To celebrate the launch of Filecoin, the organization is hosting an event called Liftoff Week, according to a press release shared with Crypto-News. Liftoff Week will bring together technology leaders to discuss the future of the internet and work together to make progress on data preservation issues.
It will happen from 19th to 23rd October and engage attendees with talks, workshops, and panels curated for the web3 community. According to Filecoin, anybody interested in an open, resilient, and decentralized future for the internet will extract value from the event.
The event will bring together renowned speakers from the field of cryptography, information preservation, DeFi, and cryptocurrency to discuss ideas and solutions that will lead to a fully decentralized internet. Notable participants include:
- Joseph Lubin, CEO and Founder of ConsenSys
- Brewster Kahle, Internet Activist and Founder of the Internet Archive
- Dan Boneh, Co-Director of the Stanford Computer Security Lab
- Emma Cui, Founding Partner and Chief Executive Officer at LongHash Ventures
- Wendy Hanamura, Director of the Internet Archive
- Jonathan Dotan, Stanford’s Center for Blockchain Research
Each of the five days the event takes place will have its own theme, and the agenda shared with Crypto-News is as follows:
- Monday 10/19 – All Systems Go: a long-term vision of Filecoin and overview of the vibrant ecosystem
- Tuesday 10/20 – Mine: focus on mining Filecoin the key to taking back control of our digital future
- Wednesday 10/21 – Build: developers focus talks and workshops, and dive into the stack that will help you make your own decentralized apps
- Thursday 10/22 – Store: discover the remarkable content- hosting tools on Filecoin
- Friday 10/23 – The Future: an overview of how the web 3.0 revolution can takeoff
Individuals and companies that are interested in the future of web3, can register to attend for free, or they could organize their own sub-event together with the Filecoin team.
Filecoin is a decentralized network that enables users to leverage verifiable marketplaces and store, request, and transfer data. It’s an open-source solution that recently launched its own token, and leverages two unique proof systems called Proof of Spacetime (PoSt) and Proof of Replication (PoRep) to create an efficient and reliable solution.
Filecoin competes with similar solutions in the industry such as Storj, IPFS, Sia, and Swarm.